JUNK, DEBRIS, INOPERABLE OR UNLICENSED VEHICLES
If the City finds junk, debris, inoperable or unlicensed vehicles on a property, we will notify the property owner to remove them. If the property owner doesn't resolve the issue, the city will conduct a clean-up.
- It is not legal to store junk and debris outside a structure.*
- It is not legal to store inoperable vehicles outside a structure.*
- A vehicle is inoperable when it cannot start or, would be illegal to drive on a street, or is missing major parts.
- It is not legal to store a vehicle outside a structure that is not plated and with the current sticker.
- If they don’t the city will conduct a clean-up.
- The bill could be assessed to the property to be paid as a tax bill.
*A structure must be fully enclosed and have doors. A tent, tarp or metal carport does not count as a structure.
Neighborhood Inspection Zoning Division
Argonne Armory – 2nd Floor
602 Robert D Ray Drive
Des Moines IA 50309
Phone: (515) 283-4046