Are you looking for a place to build a business? The City of Des Moines has several business park sites that provide a great environment at a competitive price, access to financial assistance and the most favorable property tax abatement rates in the greater Des Moines metro.
Commercial tax abatement programs include the following:
- A 3-year, 100% schedule, available citywide (outside of the Downtown Overlay District) and subject to meeting minimum design guidelines.
- A 10-year, declining schedule available citywide (outside of the Downtown Overlay District) and subject to meeting minimum design guidelines. Click here to see more information about Commercial Tax Abatement Programs.
- Airport Commerce Parks: Three privately developed business parks are in the city’s southwest, near the Des Moines International Airport. They are: Airport Commerce Park South, Airport Business Park and Airport Commerce Park West.
- Southeast Agribusiness Park: The City of Des Moines created this business park in the city’s southeast side for agribusinesses and related industries. The park encourages collaboration between businesses to enhance their profitability.
- Central Place Industrial Park: This centrally located business park, next to the main branch of the U.S. Post Office and within a mile of downtown Des Moines, offers land for development for light industrial and commercial uses. It has an active business association and among the most favorable insurance rates in the metro.
- Valley Gardens Business Park: This business park is just five minutes from Downtown Des Moines, with several parcels available and offers land for development for light industrial and heavier commercial uses.
For information about availability, you can contact the Office of Economic Development at 515-283-4004 or email@example.com.
LOIS is a online location analysis tool designed for communities and economic development organizations to promote available site and building inventory.