Permit and Development Center
The City of Des Moines Permit and Development Center is the place to go for construction permits.
Apply, Pay, Access Documents, & Request Inspections Online!
Find information about your property by using our Show Me My House tool.
Once you have determined the jurisdiction, confirm the Zoning District and review the Municipal Code Chapter 134 for the specific regulations.
Additional property information:
Working in the City Right of Way
- Sample Right-Of-Way Excavation Bond for Plumbing Contractors
- Sample Right-Of-Way Excavation Bond for Other Contractors
- Sample Certificate of Liability Insurance
- Building Obstruction Permit Guidelines
Permit Extension & Cancellation/Refund Requests
- Building and Trade Permit Extension Request
- ROW Permits cannot be extended. Please contact the Permit and Development Center if additional time is needed
- Solicitud de Extensión de Permiso
- Permit Cancellation & Refund Request
- Solicitud de Cancelación y Reembolso para un Permiso
Power Engineer & Sign Erector Licenses
- Power Engineer License Renewal
- Power Engineer License - New Application
- Sign Erector License Renewal
- Sign Erector License - New Application
Permit FeesArchive Permit Research Requests