Right of Way Management
The Right-of-Way (ROW) is the area between your property line and the City street. We manage activities in the public right-of-way to
- Reduce traffic obstructions
- Decrease damage to City streets and sidewalks
- Increase safety.
Property owners may not plant or place objects within the City right-of-way. Contact the Traffic & Transportation Division with questions about what can be placed in the ROW and concerns about items already in the ROW
- Email: ENG-TT-Web@dmgov.org
- Phone: (515) 283-4973.
Working in the Right-of-Way
- ROW License
- A license is required to place equipment within the City right-of-way.
- To apply for a new ROW License, add equipment to your current license, or renew your license, complete an application. Go to the licenses and permits page for additional information.
- For more information regarding ROW license email or call the Traffic & Transportation Division
- ROW Obstruction/Excavation Permits