Public Housing Program
The Public Housing Web Application is currently experiencing difficulties, and is not available.
You can pick up a paper application at the Des Moines Municipal Housing Agency Office
inside the Polk County River Place Building
2309 Euclid Ave.
Public Housing Program rental units
Are located within the city of Des Moines
- Are owned and managed by the City of Des Moines Municipal Housing Agency (DMMHA)
- Are located within five apartment complexes and 34 single family homes
- Accessible units are available.
Eligibility is determined by
- HUD’s income guidelines (80% of median family income)
- Family composition
- Arrest history
- Past participation in federally subsidized programs
- Rental history.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old
- One member of the household must be a US citizen or non-citizen with eligible status.
- Applicants with any drug related charge in the past five years will be denied.
- Pick up a pre-application in DMMHA’s administrative office located at
2309 Euclid Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50310
- Print the Public Housing pre-application and return to DMMHA
Check your current position on the Public Housing waiting list at any time
After all eligibility criteria are met and upon acceptance of a unit, participants enter into a lease agreement with DMMHA and pay approximately 30% of their monthly adjusted income for rent.