Public Housing Program
Public Housing Program rental units
- Are located within the city of Des Moines
- Are owned and managed by the City of Des Moines Municipal Housing Agency (DMMHA)
- Are located within five apartment complexes and 34 single family homes
- Accessible units are available.
Eligibility is determined by
- HUD’s income guidelines (80% of median family income)
- Family composition
- Arrest history
- Past participation in federally subsidized programs
- Rental history.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old
- One member of the household must be a US citizen or non-citizen with eligible status.
- Applicants with any drug related charge in the past five years will be denied.
- Apply online for Public Housing
- Pick up a pre-application in DMMHA’s administrative office located at
2309 Euclid Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50310
- Print the Public Housing pre-application and return to DMMHA
Check your current position on the Public Housing waiting list at any time
After all eligibility criteria are met and upon acceptance of a unit, participants enter into a lease agreement with DMMHA and pay approximately 30% of their monthly adjusted income for rent.