Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program
The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program helps people pay rent to a private landlord in Polk County, Iowa. The waiting list is currently closed for Section 8.
Eligibility is determined by
- HUD’s income guidelines (50% of median family income)
- Section 8 Income Maximums
|Number of Persons in Family|
- Family composition
- Arrest history
- Past participation in federally subsidized programs
- Must be at least 18 years old
- One member of the household must be a US citizen or non-citizen with eligible status
- Applicants having any drug related charge within the past two years will be denied.
Participants in the Section 8 Program pay approximately 30% to 40% of their monthly adjusted income for rent.
Check your current position on the Section 8 Housing waiting list at any time
- Call DMMHA at 515-323-8950.
Find available rental units accepting Section 8
Project Based Vouchers (PBV)
- A rental assistance program for eligible families and individuals who live in specific housing developments or units within Polk County
- DMMHA enters into a housing assistance payment contract with the owner for specified rental units for a specified term.