Information Technology Department
602 Robert D. Ray Drive
Des Moines, IA 50309-1868
Phone: (515) 283-4700
Chief Information Officer (CIO) - Anna Whipple
Deputy CIO – MaryLee Woods
The Information Technology Department helps the City reach its goals by matching technology to City operations. IT also provides access to secure, high-quality, and relevant information and technology services.
- Business Analysis - Business Analysts act as liaisons to City departments to align technology with business needs.
- Enterprise Applications - Manages commercial and custom software applications that support City business functions.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) - Provides dynamic maps to City staff, regional partners, and residents.
- Infrastructure - Responsible for the City’s network and network applications and the phone system.
- User Services -Supports City staff and resolves issues with computers and applications.