Zoom Meeting Instructions
City Council: Starting June 14, 2021, Des Moines City Council meetings have returned to in-person participation at City Hall (400 Robert D. Ray Drive). Learn MoreWe are currently holding Board and Commission meetings remotely using Zoom Meetings. Here are instructions for using Zoom to participate in these meetings from your pc, mobile device, or by phone only.
Join a Zoom meeting on your pc or mobile device
- Locate the agenda for the meeting on the city website:
- Click on the meeting link located on the meeting invitation/agenda
- If you have a question, you can raise your hand by
- PC – Clicking “Participants”, then click “Raise Hand”
- Mobile Device – Tap “Raise Hand”
Join a Zoom meeting by phone only
- Locate the agenda or the meeting on the city website:
- Dial the phone number (located on the meeting invitation/agenda)
- Enter the meeting ID (located on the meeting invitation/agenda)
- Enter the meeting Password located on the meeting invitation/agenda
- If the meeting has not already started press # to wait for the meeting to start
- If you have a question enter *9 to raise your hand
How to view live closed captioning
To view our live closed captioning during a City Council meeting, watch a live stream of the meeting on the City's DMTV YouTube channel.
How to view the meeting on YouTube
To view a current meeting or watch a previous meeting, visit the City's DMTV YouTube channel.