How do I? close menu

Vacant Property and Unsafe Structures

Our goals:

  • Identify structures in the city that are not fit for habitation
  • See the buildings rehabilitated or removed.

Complaints may be brought to the attention of the Division by phoning (515) 283-4046 or via Email.

Blitz on Blight


What can be done when code violations are observed on properties that are sitting vacant?
  The same ordinances and services available to residences with problem neighbors are available if the properties are vacant.  The most common issues are listed below with phone numbers and links to the appropriate provider: