Photography and Filming Permits

photographypermitsThe Parks and Recreation Department authorizes the commercial use of photography or filming through a permit process.  Anyone wanting to photograph or film for commercial purposes within Des Moines parks and on trails should receive a permit prior to doing so.

A permit is authorized by the City of Des Moines Parks and Recreation Department subject to all pertinent provisions of the law, the Park ordinances and to the agreement and conditions set forth. The use of City personnel, equipment and utilities without prior authorization is prohibited.

If a permit is approved it is understood that permission does not imply nor include permission to photograph individuals using the park facility without their express written permission. 

The City of Des Moines can grant permission to photograph in Western Gateway Park and Pappajohn Sculpture Park, but cannot give permission to photograph the art work. The artwork is owned by the Des Moines Art Center and permission to photograph is at their discretion.

Download permit and return completed form to:

Jen Fletcher
Marketing Supervisor
Des Moines Parks and Recreation
1551 E. Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway
Des Moines, Iowa 50317
Office: 515-237-1472