Tour DM Parks
This July, Tour DM Parks is back again as a celebration of National Parks and Recreation Month. Just like last year we have designated 31 locations throughout the park system. Participants who visit all 31 spots and share a photo with the hashtag #tourdmparks2019 can compete to win the grand prize of $1,000 CASH courtesy of our sponsor, the Friends of the Des Moines Parks.
How it Works
- When contestants find each spot, they must document their visit with a photo and share it on any or all of our social media networks (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram) with the official contest hashtag #tourdmparks2019. It’s as simple as that!
- Photos do not have to be submitted in any specific order.
- The first 500 entrants who visit 10 of the 31 locations and submit a photo will receive a t-shirt.
- The first 500 participants who submit a photo of themselves in at least 20 of the designated locations will receive a $20 “Parks Bucks” certificate with an estimated retail value of $20.00 which may be used for any Des Moines Parks and Recreation Department program through June 30, 2020.
- Entrants who submit photos of all 31 locations are then eligible to compete for the “Tour DM Parks” grand prize of $1,000.
- Tour Itinerary
- Witmer Park is technically closed for construction, but you can access the tennis court to take your photo from 37th Street.
- Photos of the EMC Overlook need to be taken from across the street, along the Meredith Trail, until the road construction is done in MacRae Park.
- 2019 Official Rules
- Mobile-Friendly Location Information
Things to Remember
- If we can't see you, we can't count you! In order to properly track your photo submissions, please make sure your social media profiles are public.
- The 31 sites can be visited and photos can be submitted in any order, but only from July 1 - 31.