Take Note: We are in the process of upgrading to a new crime mapping system. As of April 27, 2022, data on Crimemapping.com is no longer being refreshed. Please check back here in the coming weeks for information about how to access the new system.
Crimemapping.com provides information about crimes in your neighborhood.
You can access the City of Des Moines map HERE.
- You can view the following crime types:
- Gun/Weapons Violations
- You can view up to 180 days of crime data
- Crime data is updated daily
- You can search for crimes near an address (Example: “25 E 1st St, Des Moines, IA”) or near an intersection (Example: “E 1st St and Court Ave, Des Moines, IA”).
- The information on the website is for information only and not for commercial use.
- Crimes are shown on the map as they were reported to the police department. Crime type and details may change based on information from follow-up investigations.
- Select “Small Icons” in the icon view
- View 30 days or less of crime history
- Select a specific address or intersection with a 1-mile radius
The Des Moines Police Department is pleased to provide crime mapping to our community. For comments or questions contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-283-4864.