The City of Des Moines offers a subsidy to help protect your property. It is called the Private Property Protection Program. The property must be within the City of Des Moines and the work done by a licensed plumber.
The City will reimburse 100% of the cost to property owners who meet the program requirements. The maximum subsidy amount is $1,500. The reimbursement will be paid to the property owner.
- Work must be done before June 30, 2023
- A subsidy application must be completed
- A preapproval letter from the city is required before the work begins
What type of work qualifies for funding?
- The installation or redirection of a sump pump to discharge flows from foundation drains and area drains to a non-sanitary sewer outlet such as a rain garden, storm sewer, or the ground surface
- The disconnection of roof leaders from the sanitary sewer service
- The installation of backwater valve
How will I be reimbursed?
The subsidy will be paid to the property owner as a direct payment for the amount of qualifying work.
Instructions & Terms and Conditions
You will find the instructions & terms and conditions by clicking the application button at the top of this page.