The Stormwater Best Management Practices Program will provide a rebate to property owners that install stormwater best management practices that help to enhance the water quality of the stormwater runoff and/or decrease the amount of stormwater runoff that enters the stormwater drainage system.
With this program, the City will make a rebate reimbursement for 50% of the cost up to $2,000 to the property owners who meet the requirements of the program as listed in the key elements below. The reimbursement for approved work will be by direct payment to the property owner in the amount of the qualifying work.
The work must have been performed and completed between the dates of January 1, 2017, and June 30, 2023, to be eligible for the subsidy program.
How to Qualify
- Bio-retention cells
- Rain gardens
- Permeable pavement
- Rain barrels
- Streambank stabilization
- Soil Quality Restoration
- Other similar practices approved by the director
Method of Reimbursement
Method of Reimbursement:
The subsidy will be paid to the property owner as a direct payment for the amount of the qualifying work.
Terms for Eligibility
- Stormwater best management practices (BMP) shall meet design criteria in the Iowa Storm Water Management Manual or other applicable design guidance approved by the director
- Stormwater BMPs required for subdivisions and new developments are not eligible for rebate
- Stormwater BMPs for which the property owner seeks reimbursement from other sources of city funding are not eligible for rebate
- Must be one of the improvements listed as qualifying work above
- Work cannot proceed until the application has been pre-approved by City
- After work is completed, additional documentation will be required including receipts or itemized contractors invoice, proof of payment, and W-9 federal tax form
- Subsidy will be for 50% of the reasonable total cost of materials and labor up to $2,000
- The account for the stormwater management fee charges on the property must be current as to the payments at the time of application
- Application must be received by June 1, 2023
- Rebate program eligibility expires on June 30, 2023
- A property that has received the maximum rebate amount is not eligible for additional rebates under this program, regardless of a change in ownership or use, until at least 10 years have passed since issuance of the prior rebate
- A Stormwater Best Management Practices Rebate Application must be completed.