Wastewater Reclamation Authority
The City of Des Moines is not responsible for wastewater treatment to residents of the City of Des Moines, but the City is the operating contractor for the Des Moines Metropolitan Wastewater Reclamation Authority providing operation, maintenance, and management services for the Wastewater Reclamation Authority.
Des Moines Metropolitan Wastewater Reclamation Authority
- The Des Moines Metropolitan Wastewater Reclamation Authority is made-up of 17 metro area municipalities, counties and sewer districts
- Works to to protect public health and to enhance the environment by recycling wastewater
- Treats an average of 57.8 million gallons of wastewater per day
- Is the preferred treatment facility for hauled liquid wastes
- The WRA includes a conveyance system and a treatment facility.
- Serves a population of roughly 500,000
- Treated over 21,100 loads of commercial and industrial hauled waste
Contact the WRA at 515-323-8000 or by visiting their website.