Gold Level Recycling Program
The Gold Level Recycling Program is for super recyclers! Below is more information about how you can be a leader in your neighborhood and receive a gold lid for your recycling cart.
How to Qualify for the Gold Level Recycling Program
- To qualify, residents must recycle the correct items in blue recycle carts. · To learn more about what can and cannot be recycled, check out the list of accepted and unaccepted items for your blue recycling cart.
- If you or someone you know believes you are recycling correctly and want to achieve Gold Level Super Recycler status, please complete this FORM to request a recycling audit.
- Once your request is received, a City of Des Moines recycling crew will check the contents of your cart on your next recycling day and determine if it qualifies to be part of the program.
- A City of Des Moines recycling crew inspects the contents of blue recycle carts to determine if the contents are on the recyclables list and free from unacceptable items.
- An inspection showing zero contaminations qualifies you for the Gold Level Recycling Program and your blue lid will be replaced with the gold lid on your next recycle day.