COVID 19 BENCHMARKING INFORMATION
Note: We recognize the continued challenges resulting from the 2020 COVID 19 pandemic to property owners. Please check back often for updates to the reporting deadlines for the 2020 data reporting cycle.
- The deadline for submitting building data is July 1, 2021
- There is no fee for timely compliance and within 30 days of that date
- Exemption applications are being accepted through May 1, 2021. (Note: after that date, an administrative exemption may be applied based on a property(ies) specific circumstances.)
Fees and Violations
- There is a $50 late submission fee (Assessed 30 days after due date)
- Violation and enforcement actions will continue as planned:
- Building owners now have July 1st to submit data.
- Building owners determined to be in non-compliance with the ordinance will be assessed $300 for the first violation, and $500 for the second violation.
- Violation letters will be mailed between September and October.
Are you a Building Owner that Wants Help with Compliance?The City offers 40-min virtual online working sessions where you can meet individually with City staff to receive direct assistance with complying with ordinance requirements. To reserve a spot, complete the form at: https://tinyurl.com/y8jeqckt
You may also sign up to attend one of our in person data jam sessions at the Des Moines Central Library. Dates/times are as follows:
- June 8th from 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Register here: https://dsm.city/2020BenchmarkingDataJamRegistration
- June 8th from 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Register here: https://dsm.city/2020BenchmarkingDataJamRegistration
- June 15th from 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Register here: https://dsm.city/2020BenchmarkingDataJamRegistration
- June 15th from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM: Register here: https://dsm.city/2020BenchmarkingDataJamRegistration
To access How-To handouts and video tutorials visit www.dsm.city/benchmarkingtraining.
Have Additional Questions?