City Energy Project
The City Energy Project is a national initiative to create healthier and more prosperous American cities by improving the energy efficiency of buildings.
Engergize Des Moines
Energize Des Moines is a voluntary program to reduce energy use (electric, gas, and water) in Des Moines’ largest buildings (above 25,000 square feet).
As part of the City’s Strategic Plan – GuideDSM several goals were established:
- Establish a Citizen’s Taskforce on Sustainability
- Identified a need for a sustainability plan
- Walkability Study (Connect Downtown)
- Evaluation on our aging housing stock and a revitalization plan (underway)
- Implement the City’s complete streets policy (East Grant Avenue Pilot Project)
- Be a 5 STAR Community
The City of Des Moines is proud to announce its partnership with Home Base Iowa to become a Home Base Iowa Community! Home Base Iowa (HBI) is a statewide program designed to assist veterans transitioning back into civilian life!