How do I? close menu

Garbage and Yard Waste Collection Request Form

Missed Collection? - Please assure report is made no later than 5 PM the day after collection to avoid collection fees.

Garbage and Yard Waste Fees
For more information please contact the Department of Public Works, 24-Hour Customer Service Center at (515) 283-4950.
Fees for premium yard waste collection are included as solid waste charges in your monthly Des Moines Water Works bill.
Replacement (Garbage / Yard Waste) Cart - 64 Gallon $37.00
Replacement (Garbage / Yard Waste) Cart - 96 Gallon $40.00
Extra Garbage Cart - 64 Gallon (Requires 6 Month Commitment) $11.42/Month
Extra Garbage Cart - 96 Gallon (Requires 6 Month Commitment) $12.44/Month
Garbage Cart Request (New Construction Only) No Fee
Premium Yard Waste Program - 64 Gallon (Requires Minimum 12 Month Commitment) $8.34/Month
Premium Yard Waste Program - 96 Gallon (Requires Minimum 12 Month Commitment) $10.42/Month
Missed Collection (Reported before 5PM the following day) No Fee
Missed Collection (Reported after 5PM the following day) $25.00
Request Handicap/Disabled Non-Curbside Collection Service Appointment for Application No Additional Fee
Cart Repairs No Fee

Garbage/Recycle/Yard Waste put out after 7 AM on collection day will be subject to a $25 collection fee. 

Request Information
* Request Type:* 


* Do you wish to be contacted about this request?
Yes      No  

Check 'Yes' to request delivery of a new/additional cart or to request collection for missed pickup. 
Please Note: 
  • Additional garbage carts require a 6 month commitment. A $25 Early Retrieval Fee will bill to your account for cancellation prior to 6 months.
  • Yard waste carts require a 12 month commitment. A $50 Early Retrieval Fee will bill to your account for cancellation prior to 12 months.
  • Yard waste cart exchanges within the first 12 months of subscription, will be billed a $50 exchange fee.
  • The above-stated fees will be added to the Sanitation collection fees in your Des Moines Water Works bill. 
Yes     No  

General Information


City or Town:

State or Province: