Des Moines Pride Month Flag Raising Ceremony
DES MOINES, IOWA – Tuesday, May 31, 2022 – In celebration of Pride Month, the public is invited to join in a Pride Flag of Des Moines raising celebration with Mayor Frank Cownie and members of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Advisory Council (LGBTQAC) of the Des Moines Civil and Human Rights Commission.
- WHO: Members and supporters of Des Moines’ LGBTQ+ Community
- WHAT: Pride Month proclamation reading and flag raising ceremony
- WHEN: Wednesday, June 1, 2022 at 4 p.m.
- WHERE: Outside Des Moines City Hall, 400 Robert D. Ray Drive
- WHY: Designating the month of June as Pride Month in Des Moines, honoring the fight for and equality for the LGBTQ+ community and the progress made each year
Learn more about the City’s LGBTQ Advisory Council by visiting DSM.city/LGBTQac.
Chief Communications Officer, City Manager’s Office
About the City of Des Moines
The City of Des Moines is Iowa’s capital city and our 17 departments serve more than 214,000 residents and 52 neighborhood associations. Des Moines is a leader in sustainability and provides its residents with vibrant neighborhoods, an alive and active downtown, and abundant leisure opportunities.
Des Moines continuously improves neighborhoods, public safety and quality of life by offering exceptional city services and reliable infrastructure while fostering an involved and compassionate community for all who visit and live in Des Moines.