Teachout Family Aquatic Center Opens Memorial Day Weekend
Let the summer fun begin at one of Des Moines’ local pools! Teachout Family Aquatic Center will open for Memorial Day Weekend May 25 - 27. NOTE: This is a change in the previously published schedule due to significant damage Northwest Family Aquatic Center sustained during recent storms.
All pools and aquatic centers, listed below, will open for the season on Saturday, June 1.
- Ashworth Swimming Pool - 101 SW 45th Street
- Birdland Swimming Pool - 300 Holcomb Avenue
- Nahas Family Aquatic Center - 1101 Porter Avenue
- Northwest Family Aquatic Center - 4915 Madison Avenue
- Teachout Family Aquatic Center - 2601 Hubbell Avenue
Ashworth, Birdland, Nahas and Teachout will close on August 18. Northwest Family Aquatic Center will remain open August 24 - 25 and Labor Day weekend August 31 - September 2.
Daily Hours of Operation:
- Monday – Saturday: 1 – 6:30 p.m.
- Sundays: 1 – 5 p.m.
- 2 and under: Free
- 3-20 years: $2.00
- 21 years and older: $4.00
- Half- price daily admission Monday-Thursday after 5:00 p.m.
Season Swim Passes:
- Individual - $45.00
- First two in family - $80.00
- First three in family - $110.00
- First four in family - $140.00
- Each additional person over four in family - $5.00
- Replacement Tags - $5.00
- 5 punches: Youth: $7.50 Adult: $17.50
- 20 punches: Youth: $30.00 Adult: $70.00
Season passes and punch cards available for purchase online at dmparks.org.
In addition to the pools and aquatic centers, Des Moines Parks and Recreation also operates eight wading pools, four splash pools and 11 spraygrounds that are free to the public. For hours and locations in a neighborhood park nearest you, visit our website at dmparks.org.
Benjamin R. Page, Director
Parks and Recreation Department
About Des Moines Parks and Recreation
Founded in 1892, the Parks and Recreation Department’s mission is “Helping Des Moines Live Well, Play Hard and Protect the Earth.” Our department is responsible for the management of 75 parks, over 4,000 acres of parkland, 78 miles of trails, seven cemeteries and numerous municipal facilities. In addition, we offer numerous programs in the areas of sports, urban conservation, environment education, sport instruction, volunteerism, rentals and special events. For more information on Des Moines Parks and Recreation programs or facilities, visit our website (www.dmparks.org), Facebook (facebook.com/desmoinesparks), Twitter (@desmoinesparks) or Instagram (@desmoinesparks).